Home India By December 2021, all beneficiaries over 18 will be vaccinated against Covid-19

By December 2021, all beneficiaries over 18 will be vaccinated against Covid-19

By December 2021, all beneficiaries over 18 will be vaccinated against Covid-19

There is currently no set deadline for the completion of the Covid-19 immunization program, according to the Union government’s notification to Parliament on Friday. This is owing to the disease’s “dynamic and developing” nature, according to the government. However, it is anticipated that by December 2021, all recipients in India above the age of 18 will have received their vaccination.

Key Summary

  • According to the government, all Indians over 18 years old are expected to be vaccinated against the disease by December 2021.
  • In India, the revised guidelines for the implementation of the national Covid vaccination programme went into effect on June 21.
  • Seventy-five percent of the doses produced in India by vaccine makers were purchased by the government, while the remaining 25 percent went directly to hospitals.

There is currently no set deadline for the completion of the Covid-19 immunization program, according to the Union government’s notification to Parliament on Friday. This is owing to the disease’s “dynamic and developing” nature, according to the government. The government, on the other hand, stated that it anticipates that all recipients in India over the age of 18 will be immunized against the disease by December 2021.

‘The immunization against COVID-19 is an ongoing and dynamic process that is guided by the National Expert Group on Vaccine Administration for COVID-19 (NEGVAC) on the basis of concurrent scientific evidence. Because of the dynamic and evolving nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, no fixed timeline for completion of the vaccination drive can be established at this time; however, it is anticipated that all beneficiaries aged 18 years and above will be vaccinated by December 2021,’ said Union health minister Mansukh Mandaviya in a written reply to the Lok Sabha.

Mandaviya went on to say that, in accordance with the most recent immunization guidelines, all residents over the age of 18 are entitled to free vaccination at all government facilities. During a question and answer session, a reporter inquired whether the government had decided to provide the Covid-19 vaccination to the entire public at no cost on a priority basis. He responded affirmatively.

The amended instructions for the implementation of the national Covid immunization program went into force on June 21 in India, according to the government. The Indian government acquired 75 percent of the doses manufactured in the country by vaccine manufacturers as a result of this, while the remaining 25 percent was authorized to be distributed directly to direct care hospitals.

In addition, states and union territories are assigned vaccination doses based on their target population, consumption pattern and vaccine wastage, according to the minister’s statement. He also stated that the federal government had provided the states with 34.83 billion doses of the vaccine at no cost to them.

When questioned if states had kept up with the speed of immunization and with vaccine wastage, the minister responded that 249,000 doses of the vaccine had been wasted between May 1 and July 13 this year, according to the WHO.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here