- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is presiding over the first Union Cabinet meeting in almost a year.
- The Parliament’s monsoon session will begin on July 19 and end on August 13.
- The gathering comes two days after the Central Government reassembled the Cabinet Committees on Monday.
- For the first time, Bhupender Yadav, Sarbananda Sonowal, Mansukh Mandaviya, Giriraj Singh, and Smiriti Irani have been selected to the Cabinet Committee on Political Affairs (CCPA).
- Kiren Rijiju, the Law Minister, and Anurag Thakur, the Information, Broadcasting, and Sports Minister, have also been named.
The Union Cabinet held its first physical meeting in over a year today. Prime Minister Narendra Modi cautioned Ministers against any complacency in the fight against COVID-19. Parliament’s Monsoon session will take place on August and 9. PM Modi had back-to-back meetings with the union cabinet and council of ministers on Thursday. Jyotiraditya Scindia included in the Cabinet Committee on Investment and Growth. Other members of the committee include Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Rajnath Singh, Amit Shah, Nitin Jairam Gadkari, Nirmala Sitharaman, Piyush Goyal, and Narayan Tatu Rane.
First in-person meeting of the Union Cabinet in over a year. Monsoon session of Parliament is around the corner. First meeting with Council of Ministers virtually after the Union Cabinet reshuffle on July 7.
Thursday, the Prime Minister had back-to-back meetings with the union cabinet and council of ministers. According to sources, the Prime Minister warned Ministers not to become complacent in the fight against COVID-19. The noted that people not following protocols was not a “pleasant sight”.
It’s time for the Cabinet Committee on Political Affairs (CCPA) to meet today. The meeting comes two days after the Cabinet Committees were reconstituted by the Central Government. Ministers include Bhupender Yadav, Sonowal, Mandaviya, Giriraj Singh and Smiriti Irani.
Law Minister Kiren Rijiju and Information Minister Anurag Thakur included in Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs. Tribal Affairs Minister Arjun Munda, and Virendra Kumar also included in the committee. CCPA is one of the most influential committees that take decisions on political strategy.
Jyotiraditya Scindia included in the Cabinet Committee on Investment and Growth. The other members of the committee are PM Narendra Modi, Rajnath Singh, Amit Shah, Nitin Jairam Gadkari, Nirmala Sitharaman, Piyush Goyal, Narayan Tatu Rane.
Parliament’s Monsoon session will begin on July 19 and will conclude on August 13,. Rajnath Singh was left out of key decision-making body CCPA. Defence Minister’s name.