Ravi Ashwin is the name of the cricketer Ravi Ashwin. Laxman Sivaramakrishnan, a former cricketer, feels sorry for the spinner. The Leeds Test between India and England began on August 25. In the five-match series, the visitors have already grabbed a 1-0 lead.
- India is playing England in a five-match Test series, with the visitors already leading 1-0.
- Ravi Ashwin is finding it difficult to break into India’s XI.
- Veteran cricketer and analyst Laxman Sivaramakrishnan expressed his regret for Ashwin.
- Experts predict that India will stick with their winning lineup for the Leeds Test, which begins on August 25, and Ashwin will be replaced by Ravindra Jadeja in the 3rd Test match.
- The Leeds Test begins at the Ageas Bowl in Leeds, England, on August 26.
- The first Test of the series starts on August 23.
India is playing England in a five-match Test series, with the visitors already leading 1-0. The bowlers and India’s tail startled the hosts at Lord’s, as they went on to win the tournament by 151 runs. However, if there is one major talking point from the series, it is Ravi Ashwin’s exclusion.
It should be noted that India is currently fielding a combination of four pacers and a lone spinner in Ravindra Jadeja, who provides adequate batting depth. As the English conditions favor pace, Ashwin, who has demonstrated his class in the purest form of the game on numerous times, is finding it difficult to break into India’s XI. It was evident during the Lord’s Test, where all 20 wickets were taken by pacers.
In a related development, veteran cricketer and analyst Laxman Sivaramakrishnan expressed his regret for Ashwin, but believes it is doubtful that India will change its lineup for the Leeds Test. On August 25, the Leeds Test begins, and experts predict that India will stick with their winning lineup.
Ravi Ashwin’s intelligence will allow him to see what he needs to be a part of the team: Sivaramakrishnan Laxman
“I feel bad for Ashwin because being in that situation and being left out is a difficult thing to deal with. But I think he’s handling it well, and in some ways, he’s not being over bowled in England “In a virtual chat with journalists on Sony Sports Network, Sivaramakrishnan remarked.
“Getting wickets in Test matches is a completely different story. If you compare County and Test cricket, it’s like the Ranji Trophy and Test match cricket. And I’m confident that Ashwin, with his brains, will see what he needs to accomplish to join the team. There will be plenty of cricket in the future. We’ll be playing a lot of matches in India as well. So, if they opt to go with two spinners, I believe Ashwin will be a key member of the team “Added he.