1. Soli Sorabjee passed away last night at age 95
2. He was the Attorney General of India in the year 1997
3. His death was condoled by several prominent personalities
4. He was a prominent jurist, an internationally renowned expert on International law, a human rights activist and a philanthropist
5. His death leaves a void that will be difficult to fill
6. He was awarded the Padma Vibhushan, the second highest civilian award in India
Soli Sorabjee, former Attorney General of India, passed away at the age of 94 due to old age complications. He was admitted to the hospital last Saturday. Sorabjee was admitted to Medanta Medicity hospital in Gurgaon on last Saturday. He died around 4 am on Monday.
It is with great sadness that we announce that the former Attorney General For India Soli Sorabjee has passed away at the age of 95. Mr. Sorabjee served as the Attorney General For India from 1990 to 1993 and was known for his unwavering commitment to the safeguarding of the Constitution of India from the onslaught of the Emergency imposed in 1975. He was also a member of the Indian delegation to the UN and was elected as the Chairman of the UN Human Rights Committee in 1982 and held this position until 1985.