The IIT students’ senate had urged that such students be summoned back to the campus as soon as possible so that they may participate in online classes, which was granted. According to a university source, the first 150 of the 500 students would need to arrive on campus between August 2 and 6.
- From August 2 to 6, the first 150 of the 500 students will arrive on campus.
- IIT’s students’ senate had demanded that these students be invited back to campus as soon as possible to use the institute’s Internet facilities and other infrastructure to attend online classes.
- As a precaution against economic curbs caused by Covid, classes have been held on digital platforms since March last year.
- Many of the students are unable to purchase a laptop, which is necessary to study engineering drawing and lab classes.
- A smartphone’s screen might not be sufficient for figuring out details of drawing or lab classes, according to an IIT official.
- In order to return to campus, the children’s parents must give their consent in writing, with the students agreeing to produce an RTR.
- Students must also provide a negative RTR report along with their parents.
An official from the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur said that hundreds of students who are unable to attend online sessions due to resource restrictions will be invited back to the campus in batches starting in August.
Earlier this month, the students’ senate of the Indian Institute of Technology urged that such students be summoned back to the campus as soon as possible so that they may take advantage of the institute’s internet facility and other infrastructure to participate in online classes.
According to an IIT official, the 500 students who would return to campus lacked smart devices or were unable to acquire data packs since the financial situation of their families had deteriorated as a result of Covid-induced restrictions on economic activity.
The students are unable to purchase a laptop computer, which is required for engineering drawing and lab studies, due to financial constraints. According to the official, the screen of a smartphone may not be large enough to see all of the nuances of drawing or lab classes.
This group of students, who are enrolled in both BTech and MTech programs, was identified based on comments from the students’ senate, which represents all students on the campus, according to the official.
According to Dhrubajyoti Sen, the dean of students’ affairs at the IIT, in an email sent to the students on Wednesday, “We understand that you are experiencing difficulties while at home and would like to come to the campus of IIT Kharagpur to finish your studies.”
“We would like you to arrive at IIT Kharagpur between the dates of August 02 and August 06,” according to the email.
The first 150 of the 500 students will have to arrive on campus between August 2 and August 6, according to the schedule.
Classes have been held on digital platforms since March of last year as a preventative measure against Covid’s attacks.
In order to take online programs, they must first overcome their financial restraints. These individuals will be housed in hostels when they have complied with quarantine regulations and other health standards We will transport them in batches of 150 to ensure that they can be accommodated in hostels without causing too much of a commotion. “
It will be necessary for the parents of the students to get written consent prior to their children returning to the school.
In addition to the project, the students are required to provide an RT-PCR negative result report.
The test must be completed no later than 96 hours before the commencement of the train journey or 72 hours before the start of the flight departure date.