The civil aviation minister’s appointment of Jyotiraditya Scindia is considered a clear signal for Sachin Pilot to join the BJP, say Netizens
The union has appointed Jyotiraditya Scindia as its minister of civil aviation. Taking over from Hardeep Singh Puri, the petroleum ministry will now be headed by him. The Narendra Modi-led government reshuffled its cabinet on Wednesday. The Civil Aviation Ministry has been given to Jyotiraditya Scindia. Speculations on Twitter have led to speculation that Sachin Pilot, a Congress leader, might follow suit. Mr. Jyotiraditya Scindia, who has been appointed to head the Civil Aviation Ministry, will assume responsibility for Urban Development and Petroleum. Mr. Hardeep Puri, who headed this ministry, will become the Minister for Petroleum. It follows a significant cabinet expansion and reshuffle on Wednesday in which 43 ministers took oath while 12 others were sacked. As part of Modi 2.0’s Cabinet, 13 lawyers, six doctors, seven former civil servants, and five engineers were included.
- In a significant overhaul of the Modi cabinet, Jyotiraditya Scindia is among the prominent new faces.
- In a cabinet reshuffle, Prime Minister Modi announced new portfolios for the new ministers.
- The latest list indicates that the BJP leader from Madhya Pradesh was given the responsibility of the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
- Urban Development and Petroleum Ministry will now be headed by Hardeep Puri.
- Assuming the Ministries of Health and Chemicals and Fertilizers, Mandaviya has been given responsibility for both.
- In his new role, Dharmendra Pradhan will lead the education, skills, and entrepreneurship ministry.
- Union Minister for Information Technology (IT) and Railroads Ashwini Vaishnav became Union Minister on January 1, 2019.
- The Ministry of Textiles is giving Piyush Goyal an additional charge.
- Smriti Irani will be the minister in charge of Women and Child Development (WCD)
- As part of the Modi Cabinet, 36 new faces have been inducted, including Jyotiraditya Scindia.
- Under the previous UPA government, he was minister of state (independent charge) for power.
- In March of last year, he switched from the Congress to the BJP, becoming a Rajya Sabha MP from Madhya Pradesh.
- Modi has made this reshuffle his first since assuming power in May 2019 and is the first to do so.