The signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between IIT Madras and the Ministry of Education and Vocational Training (MoEVT) in Zanzibar, Tanzania marks a historic beginning for the internationalization of Indian education. This initiative is aligned with the commitment of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to enhance South-South cooperation and build stronger people-to-people ties with Africa. The National Education Policy (NEP) plays a crucial role in fostering knowledge exchange and advancing global welfare.
- 🤝 MoU signed between IIT Madras and MoEVT, Zanzibar-Tanzania for the establishment of an IIT Madras-Zanzibar campus.
- 🌍 Historic step towards internationalizing Indian education.
- 🗝️ Aligned with PM Modi’s commitment to South-South cooperation and ties with Africa.
- 💡 NEP serves as a foundation for strengthening bilateral relations and promoting global welfare.
- ❌ Concern raised regarding the allocation of tenders to blacklisted companies.
- 📚 Request made to address incorrect answer keys for CUET UG.
- 👍 Appreciation expressed for the news and a plea to address the reservation system and caste-based categories in competitive exams.
- 🌐 Potential benefits for Indians living abroad and an opportunity for India to become a Vishwa Guru (World Teacher).
- 📜 Appeal for timely results of S. RADHAKRISHNAN post-doctoral fellowship.
The signing of the MoU between IIT Madras and the Ministry of Education and Vocational Training (MoEVT) in Zanzibar, Tanzania is a significant milestone in the internationalization of Indian education. This collaborative effort represents the commitment of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to strengthen South-South cooperation and foster deeper connections with Africa. By establishing an IIT Madras-Zanzibar campus, the initiative aims to promote knowledge exchange and create stronger bilateral relations. This endeavor aligns with the National Education Policy (NEP) and its vision to make knowledge a crucial component of international engagement and global welfare.
Alongside this positive development, concerns have been raised about the allocation of tenders to blacklisted companies. This issue highlights the need for transparency and fair practices in procurement processes. Furthermore, there is a request to address incorrect answer keys for the CUET UG examination, ensuring that the evaluation process is accurate and fair.
Appreciation is expressed for the news of the MoU signing, while also drawing attention to the reservation system and caste-based categories in competitive exams. The plea is made to remove caste-based categories and create a merit-based system to ensure equal opportunities for all. This step would be a significant move towards India’s aspiration of becoming a Vishwa Guru, a global leader in education.
Additionally, it is acknowledged that the establishment of the IIT Madras-Zanzibar campus will provide benefits to Indians living abroad, offering them opportunities for higher education and skill development. Finally, a request is made for the timely release of results for the S. RADHAKRISHNAN post-doctoral fellowship, which has been eagerly awaited for several months.
#IITsGoGlobal!— Dharmendra Pradhan (@dpradhanbjp) July 6, 2023
Signing of MoU between @EduMinOfIndia, @iitmadras and MoEVT, Zanzibar-Tanzania for setting up of IIT Madras-Zanzibar campus marks a historic beginning towards internationalisation of Indian education.
The initiative is an embodiment of PM @narendramodi’s… pic.twitter.com/gQIirwZFUP