Radhika Apte, who is 36 years old, is enjoying her birthday today. The actress expresses her gratitude to everyone who has wished her well on her special day. She’s been in Bollywood for almost a decade and has millions of followers who believe in her performances. Radhika was born in Pune on September 7, 1985. In Vaah!, Radhika Apte made her acting debut.
In 2005, Life Ho Toh Aisi was released. She received a lot of backlash for her role as a sex worker in the film Parched. Shows like Sacred Games, Lust Stories, and Ghoul on the OTT have earned her a lot of praise.
- Radhika Apte was born on September 7, 1985 in Pune.
- She started her acting career with the film Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi in 2005.
- The actor has acted in Hindi films like Pad Man, Andhadhun, Badlapur, Hunterrr and Manjhi – The Mountain Man.
- She has gained much appreciation for shows like Sacred Games, Lust Stories and Ghoul on the OTT.
- The actress is married to Britishviolinist and composer Benedict Taylor.
- She is also involved with Hindi theatre and is associated with Mohit Kalamakta’s Palkar.
- She also has interesting line-up of projects.
Bollywood actress Radhika Apte is celebrating her 36th birthday today. Radhika Apte has made millions of fans with her superb acting.
Taking to Instagram the actress thanks everyone for wishing her on her special day. “36 already?! Loving growing older and wiser. Thank you all for such lovely birthday wishes!! My heart is full and am forever grateful for the loveliest friends family and colleagues,” she said sharing a photo.
She is an actress who is known for her bold style. She has spent more than a decade in Bollywood, she has millions of fans who are convinced of her acting.
Radhika was born on September 7, 1985 in Pune. When Radhika was learning the classical dance ‘Kathak’, a casting director saw her and offered to work in the film. Radhika appeared in the film ‘Wah Life Ho To Aisi’ with Shahid Kapoor and actress Amrita Rao in the year 2005. She had a small role in this film, but Radhika did not stop here. After this she appeared in Bengali and Marathi films, she did films like ‘Rakt Charitra’, ‘Rakt Charitra 2’, ‘Shor in the City’, ‘Badlapur’, and ‘Hunter’.
In the film ‘Manjhi’, she played such a character of ‘Faguniya’ which was highly praised.
Interesting Things To Know About Radhika Apte
“Tum mardon ko aisa kyun lagta hai ki har aurat ko tumhe hi bachana hai?” Anjali Mathur aka Radhika Apte’s dialogue in Scared Games won hearts with this remark. She is outspoken on-screen and in real life too. How well do you think you know Radhika Apte?
Apte has acted in Hindi films like Pad Man, Andhadhun, Badlapur, Hunterrr and Manjhi – The Mountain Man. She has gained much appreciation for shows like Sacred Games, Lust Stories and Ghoul on the OTT. She started her acting career with the film Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi in 2005 while she was still in college. The role of a sex worker in the film Parched in 2016 made her face a lot of criticism. She also essayed the role of Indian-origin British spy Noor Inayat Khan in the film A Call To Spy.
As the actor celebrates her birthday today here are five interesting things to know about Radhika Apte.
- The actor who is mostly seen in Hindi, Tamil, Marathi, Telugu and Malayalam films did her first lead role in a Bengali film named Antaheen. Meaning endless wait the film stars Rahul Bose, Aparna Sen, Sharmila Tagore and Mita Vashisth.
- Apte became a director with the film The Sleepwalkers which stars Shahana Goswami and Gulshan Devaiah, who also acted in Hunterr.
- Apte is actively involved with Hindi theatre. She has been part of several plays and is associated with Mohit Takalkar’s Pune-based theatre group Aasakta Kalamanch.
- She met Benedict Taylor, a British violinist and composer in 2011 in London. She had gone to learn contemporary dance and was on a year long sabbatical. They are married since 2012.
- Radhika also has ‘Mrs. Undercover’ and ‘Monica, O My Darling’ alongside Rajkummar Rao in her interesting line-up of projects.
- Recently, while addressing the controversy around the nude clip that was released online from the time she was shooting Clean Shaven, she said, “I was badly trolled and it did affect me. I couldn’t step out of the house for four days”.