📚 This publication discusses recent advances in gold-catalyzed addition reactions to carbon-carbon multiple bonds.
- 🧪 Gold catalysis has emerged as an important tool in organic synthesis, allowing for efficient and selective transformations of unsaturated carbon-carbon bonds.
- 🧪 The use of gold catalysts enables the addition of nucleophiles and electrophiles to alkynes and alkenes, providing access to a wide range of functionalized organic molecules.
- 🧪 Gold catalysis has shown particular promise in the synthesis of complex molecules and natural products.
- 🧪 Various gold catalysts and reaction conditions have been developed to achieve different types of addition reactions, such as hydroalkoxylation, hydroamination, and hydrothiolation, among others.
- 🧪 Gold-catalyzed addition reactions have also been used in the total synthesis of biologically active compounds and pharmaceuticals.
Gold-catalyzed addition reactions to carbon-carbon multiple bonds have become a prominent area of research in organic synthesis. The use of gold as a catalyst offers several advantages, including high efficiency, excellent selectivity, and mild reaction conditions. This publication explores the recent advancements in this field, highlighting the diverse range of transformations that can be achieved through gold catalysis. These reactions enable the direct functionalization of alkynes and alkenes with nucleophiles and electrophiles, leading to the formation of complex and structurally diverse molecules. Furthermore, gold-catalyzed addition reactions have found applications in the total synthesis of natural products and pharmaceuticals. The development of new gold catalysts and reaction protocols is expanding the synthetic toolbox for chemists, giving them powerful tools to create valuable compounds.
📚 Learn about the latest advances in gold-catalyzed addition reactions to carbon-carbon multiple bonds, enabling the synthesis of complex and diverse organic molecules. Gold catalysis offers high efficiency and selectivity, making it a powerful tool in organic synthesis. #Chemistry #OrganicSynthesis
- Anil Kumar, Khyati Shukla, Salman Ahsan, Amit Paul, and Nitin T. Patil*
- Gold catalysis: Diverse transformations
- Functionalization of multiple bonds
- Total synthesis applications
- Complex organic molecules