In the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research, there are two separate groups: CSIR and CDC. Both are independent of each other. The 13 people who work for CDC will be moved to the CSIR, and 13 extra jobs will be made for them. It will give up the space at the India Habitat Center in New Delhi that CDC has been using.
- The Union Cabinet authorized the CDC’s merger with the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research on Wednesday (CSIR). CSIR and CDC are autonomous entities under the Ministry of Science and Technology’s Department of Scientific and Industrial Research.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi led the Union Cabinet.
- According to an official release, the merger of the two societies will consolidate departments and benefit CSIR with CDC’s expertise in education and technology export.
- “CSIR will accommodate the existing 13 CDC staff by creating 13 supernumerary roles.
- After the merger, CDC’s assets and liabilities will be transferred to CSIR.
India’s Cabinet has agreed to merge the Consultancy Development Center (CDC) with the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR). The CDC’s staff, assets and liabilities will be combined with the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).
Under the Ministry of Science and Technology, the Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR) has two separate groups: the CSIR and the CDC. CSIR and CDC each have their budgets and rules.
PM Narendra Modi led the Union Cabinet meeting, which the Union Cabinet led.
An official statement said that not only will the two societies merge, but the CSIR will benefit from the experience of CDC’s staff in the fields of education, technology export, and so on.
8. Amalgamation of Consultancy Development Centre with Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) of Department of Scientific and Industrial Research.— Dr. S. Jaishankar (@DrSJaishankar) April 27, 2022
Will further PM’s Mantra of Minimum Government Maximum Governance.
There are a lot of things that the CSIR wants to do, like look at how CSIR technologies in the field affect the economy and society, find the right consultants to help with detailed design and engineering for prototypes made with CSIR technologies, and make sure the technologies are ready for the market and ready for businesses to start using them.
“The 13 people who work for CDC will be moved to the CSIR by making 13 extra jobs. CDC’s space at the India Habitat Center in New Delhi will be returned to the India Habitat Center for re-allocation. The money that comes from that will go into the Consolidated Fund of India, “It said.
CSIR will get all of CDC’s assets and liabilities after merging the two groups.